Thursday, December 16, 2010

Teacher Necklace Gift Update

I promised an update on our clay necklaces for Bubble's teachers once they were finished, so here they are :-) I also tried out a cute wrapping idea inspired by this post on Little Sooti (third picture down). I didnt have much time so just used red craft paper and an Artliner but I'd love to try it with patterned scrapbook paper or even felt and twine.

The clay necklaces varnished and hung on their necklace strands.

We wrapped our necklaces with our handmade cards and a voucher for Gloria Jeans.

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the wrapping. You are amazing with everything you guys do. I've been meaning to tell you that we borrowed your Reindeer nose gift idea for the boys friends, and they loved it! Thanks for all your great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so beautiful, as do the cards. And coffee too? Lucky teachers! I think felt and twine would look beautiful - or even just cotton fabrics with teeny tiny prints... Thanks for the link Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the lucky Teacher that recieved this gift and i loved it. I love all the ideas on this website and will be using them in my class room. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello T! So glad you managed to decipher my terrible directions over the phone the other day and find us :-D Im really happy you love the necklace Bubble made, you're a very special teacher and we are so sorry to be losing you next year. I hope you stay in touch :-)

    Thanks Jane, I love the wrapping idea too, fell in love with it as soon as I saw the picture! Glad to hear the reindeer noses were a hit too, we're going to light some up here Christmas Eve too.

    No worries Sarah :-) how lovely is that blog?! Did you see she actually has a store? Here's a link in case you didn't, I can't wait for the girls birthdays next year so I can get some of the gorgeous party supplies:
    http://littlesooti.com.au/index.php

    ReplyDelete
  5. The neclases are so beautiful and I love the wrapping too.

    ReplyDelete